1.19.2009

do the ribbons really stay tied?

A few people have asked me lately whether the ribbons really stay tied. If you're anything like me, your tennis shoes come untied every 10 minutes unless you make a kindergarden double knot, so I understand the concern.

However, the ribbons really don't come untied on their own. Most of our ribbons have enough 'tooth', and the surface area of the knot is great enough, that it just does not happen. However, I do often tie a knot before I make a bow when using satin ribbons because they are a little slicker. So there you go.

2 comments:

  1. I got my Mohops last week and it's freaking cold here but I've been wearing them inside the house ALL the time! I absolutely love 'em!
    The ribbons stay really tight - I'm quite amazed myself - they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own for sure! I can't wait to get myself another pair... and of course, I can't wait for the first ray of sunshine so I can show them off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks!!! We're ready for the weather to show us a little mercy here in Chicago ;)

    ReplyDelete